Friday, September 5, 2008

Steal- Macy's 1 Day Sale Savings Hints!

Hello All-

If you have read my blog you know that I used to work at Macy's and have offered hints in the past on how to maximize savings at this retail establishment.

Macy's runs a 1 day sale once a month and this is the best day of the month to make purchases as many items are on sale. Lately they have been offering a $10 off a $25 just reduced/sale/clearance purchase made before 1 p.m. Take advantage of these types of offers!!

The key is you have to buy before 1 p.m, but then the selection is better early in the morning, so it is the best time to shop. One Day Sales always have a preview day as well, so it is actually a 2 day sale. These coupons are typically offered on both days.

This is a great time to buy wedding gifts!! Many registry items will go on sale in the home department for around 50% off, combine your coupon for a great deal.

If you are a Macy's card holder they will mail you a coupon prior to the sale, but the Register Guard usually has the coupons too. I usually head in with 2-3 coupons, from my mailing and clipped from the paper. I combine my purchases into $25 increments or as close as possible to maximize my savings.

My savings today: My daughter wanted a hoodie ($26) and a long sleeve tee ($24) while we were shopping on Thursday. The wonderful sales person (Lynn-Children's)- reminded me of the 1 day sale and put my items on hold for Friday. I went back in and both items were on sale 50% off, bringing the total to $26. I then applied my $10 off coupon, bringing both items to $16!! An excellent deal! I have used these coupons all the time to snag bargains on the clearance rack too, I then save these items for upcoming birthday/Christmas gifts I know I need to buy...this is a great way to save money and avoid the hassle of last minute shopping where savings are going to be harder to obtain....you can save more when you plan to plan ahead!

Happy Savings!

Summer H.

No comments: