Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Smart Economy Tip- Gift Cards

Hello All-

Yes, I have a bundle of gift cards from all of last year that I keep saving because I don't really need anything right now, but that may quickly turn to never if I don't use some of these up!

What am I talking about? If you are holding gift cards...listen up!

If a store files for bankruptcy protection, goes under, etc. your gift card may not be valid anymore! My recommendation is to get out and use any gift cards you can now or in the next few months so that you actually are able to use them. If you have cards from extremely reputable companies, you are probably okay, but holding these is not the best idea either. If you have a birthday or upcoming event you need to buy a gift for consider using that method of payment first.

I would hate for you to lose the value on your card, so use it as quickly as you can!

Happy Saving!

Summer H.

No comments: