Thursday, March 19, 2009

Savings Tip-Albertson's Policy Change (Coupons)

Hello All-

I am sad to announce that Albertson's is making a huge policy change to their coupons (thanks to 2 loyal blog readers for the update!). They will no longer be accepting competitor coupons as of April 1, this is NO joke! I hate to see what other major chains follow in this trend, I will try to keep you posted.

They feel that they are offering some new savings perks to outweigh the removal of this extra coupon option such as offering (double manufacturer coupons up to $1 in their ads and new gas perks). This saves me nothing, I only buy gas at Costco and many of my manufacturers coupons even doubled do better stand alone at Winco...so for a majority of us, the time savings of shopping 1 or 2 stores vs. 4-5 to snag deals is soon to be a thing of the past...yuck!

With that said, I would definitely clip those double manufacturers coupons and shop their loss leaders products using coupons for even more maximum savings and maybe they will re-evaluate their pricing on items or their coupon policy in the future.

Happy Saving!

Summer H.

No comments: