Sunday, November 2, 2008

Steal-Candy Clearance (Walgreen's)

Hello All-

To save money requires organization and planning ahead! I am starting to think about holiday baking and the best time to get steals on candy is post-holiday when the candy is wrapped in the specific holiday wrappers, it's a great time for deals!

At Walgreen's (and other retailers) candy that is "halloween themed" is 50% off right now. Most of the candy itself doesn't have holiday markings on it, just the bags are holiday themed and the store needs to clear merchandise for incoming seasonal merchandise.

My story: I am going to be making some cookies that have Hershey Kisses in them, I scored some bags for $1.25, normally $2.50 each! They are wrapped in Fall colors...big deal...I remove the wrappers anyway!

Discounts will continue to go up, I have seen Walgreen's in the 80% discount range..but selection will decline so best to stock up on what you need this week when selection will be best!

Happy Saving!

Summer H.

No comments: