Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Summer's Savings Tip #5-Organize For Savings!

Hello All-

Tip #5 maybe should have been Tip #1 because it is so important, but nevertheless I will include it here.

To save you have to be organized and have a system in place that will help you find the coupons when you actually need them. Ideally it should be portable and divided into sections.

I recommend the couponizer organizing system. Visit www.couponizer.com to check out this organizing tool. You can easily make your own with a recipe or small shoe box, just make sure you can pack it easily!

When you clip coupons, set aside time to do this once a week or as needed. This is my process. I clip coupons throughout the week and place in a file folder labeled "coupons". 2-3x/week I file all my incoming coupons in my couponizer. This way I have current coupons always in my file. 2-3x/month I go through my couponizer and remove coupons that have expired. If you have someone in the military, they can use expired coupons in the commissary...consider mailing them!

Having a portable, organized system will help you save money! Don't try to do this without some type of system...it will drive you crazy and impede your success!

Happy Savings!

Summer H.

No comments: